With AUM’s Military and Dependent Scholarship, military personnel and their dependents may qualify for a 15% undergraduate tuition scholarship or 35% graduate tuition scholarship. This scholarship reduces tuition to $250 per credit hour at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. That means undergraduate students would save $165.00 per 3 semester credit hour class and graduate students would save $405.00 per 3 semester credit hour class. Some recipients may be eligible for reimbursement of remaining tuition, so your full tuition might be covered. Talk to your command center about your benefits.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must meet the following requirements:
- Must be currently serving in the active or reserve component of the US military OR must be the spouse or dependent child of a currently serving service member, including National Guard and Reserves.
- Enrollment Status: Applicant (aum.edu/apply) or Enrolled
- Degree program level: Undergraduate or Graduate.
- All service members need to submit an application for the scholarship. All eligibility requirements and award details for the AUM Military and Dependent Scholarship apply to service members.
- Your Scholarship Application must be received no later than 2 weeks prior to the start of the term or semester for which you are applying for the scholarship. The Scholarship Application requires an AUM student number (S#): If you are not currently a student at AUM or have yet to complete your admission application, you’ll need to apply to AUM first.
- Applicant applicant must submit completed Verification Form to the University Scholarship Manager no later than two (2) weeks prior to the start of the term or semester. Re-validation will be required each year no later than two (2) weeks prior to the start of the term or semester. If you have questions you can contact Jennifer Gardner at [email protected] or 344-244-3078.
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative institutional GPA at the Undergraduate level or a 3.0 cumulative institutional GPA at the Graduate level.
- Continuing Education courses are not eligible for this scholarship.
Stipulations for the AUM Military and Dependent Scholarship include the following:
- This scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other scholarship or benefit awarded by AUM, State benefits (ANGEAP, AL Dependent Scholarship, Vocational Scholarships, etc.), ROTC, or Veterans Administration benefits (excluding 1606 & 1607).
- Amount of award will be dependent on the number of credit hours the scholarship recipient registers for each term or semester.
- Amount of award will not exceed 120% of the required attempted credit hours to complete your degree program.
- The initial amount awarded is based on the number of credit hours registered for on the first day of classes. Re-evaluation for number of credit hours registered for will be on the 21st class day.
How much can you save?
Scholarship can only be used toward one degree at each level (one bachelor’s degree and one master’s degree).
- Undergraduate students would save $165.00 per 3 semester credit hour class
- Graduate students would save $405.00 per 3 semester credit hour class
* Some recipients may be eligible for reimbursement of remaining tuition, so your full tuition might be covered. Talk to your command center about your benefits.
Academic Plan of Study: If you are receiving VA benefits, you are required to provide the Veteran Services Office with an Academic Plan of Study checksheet. Your academic advisor will provide this form and work with you in developing your plan. Once you have completed all necessary forms, it takes 6-8 weeks for the Veterans Administration’s Regional Office (VARO) to finish processing your claim.
Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy: As a VA benefit recipient, you are required to make satisfactory academic progress by maintaining a minimum overall 2.0 GPA on hours attempted at AUM. This measure generally becomes effective when you have attempted 24 hours at AUM. If you fail to maintain the required GPA, you will have your VA benefits terminated.
Registration Cancellation Policy: The AUM Registration Cancellation Policy requires that you pay tuition and fees by the registration cancellation deadline. We will permit re-registration only if you make payments or payment arrangements at the time of registration. If you are awarded financial aid for the semester at issue, you will not be subject to cancellation for that portion of fees covered by financial aid. However, veteran benefits, other than Chapter 31 VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Post 9/11 Chapter 33, are not considered financial aid for this payment policy, so you are encouraged to make payments or payment arrangements to prevent course cancellation.
Military and Dependent Scholarship
Total Amount: Undergraduate Students - $165.00 per 3 semester credit hour class | Graduate Students - $405.00 per 3 semester credit hour class
Back to Scholarships
About the Scholarship
For more information, explore our military FAQ.
For More Information Regarding Military Scholarships
"*" indicates required fields