New Student Checklist
Welcome to Auburn University at Montgomery! Please use the checklist below to complete everything you need to do before your classes begin at AUM.
International Student Checklist
- Go to the AUM Student Portal to look up your AUM student account (AUM user name and password). You will use this user name and password for wireless internet, email, and My AUM. Begin checking your AUM e-mail regularly, for important pre-arrival information.
- Obtain your visa and plan your travel to the United States.
- Request Official Degree and Original Transcripts from your previous schools
- When you arrive in Montgomery, on your first day on campus, come to the Office of Global Initiatives. Please bring your immigration documents with you.
- Your passport (biographical page with photo and expiration date)
- Your visa
- Your I-20 (if you have an “F” visa)
- Attend AUM International Student Orientation.
- Before you start classes, please complete and turn the AUM Immunization Form in to the Office of Global Initiatives
- If you are a freshman (first year undergraduate student), take the Math Placement Test. For more information please visit here.
- If you are a J-1 student or scholar, visit the Office of Global Initiatives in the Administration Building, 109.
- Get your AUM student ID (AUM Warhawk Access Card) at AUM’s Bookstore on the second floor of the Taylor Center. This card is your student ID, AUM bus pass, and library and student account card.
- Academic/Departmental Advising: Please go to your academic department to meet an advisor and get assistance with class registration.
- Please go to the United Health Care website and print your health insurance card. If you already have insurance that is the same or better than AUM’s health insurance, please submit your waiver form to the Office of Global Initiatives prior to your arrival. For a waiver form, please review the International Health Insurance information.
- Open a bank account.
- Get an Alabama Driver’s License, if necessary. You will need your I-20 and good-standing letter from AUM, and a non-eligibility letter from Social Security Office to get a driver’s license.
Get In Touch
Want More Info About AUM?
8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
Send AUM Admissions a Message
"*" indicates required fields