In the event of a psychological crisis (e.g., someone is considering suicide or is delusional) the following steps will be taken:
- The person who becomes aware of a psychological crisis is to immediately contact the AUM Police Department at (334) 244-3178 or 911.
- The AUM Police will dispatch patrol to the incident to provide initial care and contact the following people:
- Director of Police Operations, AUM Police Department
- Dean of Students
- Contact the AUM Counseling Center and request support
- If the AUM Counseling Center cannot be contacted, contact one of the below listed agencies:
- Contact the appropriate personnel from the following list:
- Director of Resident Life
- Director of Human Resources
- Director, Center of Disabilities
- Competent medical or professional authorities will be contacted.
- Until the arrival of professional assistance, the responding unit will take measures to ensure the safety and security of the distressed party and the campus community.