As a new student, it's our goal in the Office of Orientation and Transitions to provide you with a comprehensive introduction to the AUM community by providing comprehensive and diverse programs to prepare you for academic success and campus engagement. By participating in the orientation and transitions programs, you will be equipped with the tools you need to be successful at AUM.
New student orientation is a great opportunity for you to learn about AUM's programs and traditions, to register for classes for the upcoming semester and to connect with your fellow students. Whether you are a new freshman, transferring in, a non-traditional student or veteran, there is a special place for you at orientation.
Because you probably have many questions about AUM and college life in general, we have planned an orientation program especially for you.
At orientation you can --
- Confirm your class schedule or register for classes.
- Learn more about student services and activities.
- Learn about academic support services and campus life.
- Take campus tours.
- Meet upper-class students who will assist you in beginning your college experience.
Registering for orientation is easy using your MyAUM account (as a student, MyAUM is your portal to everything, so the sooner you familiarize yourself with it, the better!).
- 48 hours after you receive your acceptance letter, locate your "S Number" and your newly issued AUM email address, visit MyAUM, and login.
- Once logged into MyAUM, visit the New Student Page. Here you'll see lots of details about orientation, including a "Click Here to Register" link.
- Select the "Click Here to Register" link, fill out the required fields, and look for your confirmation.
- After you register, be sure to regularly check your AUM.edu email address as it is the official method of communication from the university.