Welcome Transfer Students
Auburn University at Montgomery welcomes both domestic and international transfer students from accredited universities and Alabama's regionally accredited community colleges. If you’re interested in taking classes at AUM for a semester and transferring them back to your home institution, check out our Transient Admissions page!
Call now: 334-244-3615 or APPLY TODAY
Top 5 Reasons for Community College, College or University Students and Grads to Transfer to AUM
- Scholarships — We know you’re serious and dedicated, so we’ve developed five different scholarship opportunities just for Transfer Students.
- Dedicated Student Success Resources — You’ll fit right into your new academic environment with our on-campus tutors and technology resources and the Transfer Student Association, bringing you special forums and mentoring.
- 90+ Programs of Study — No matter where you’re headed in your life and career, AUM has a plan of study for you.
- Transfer of Credits - You'll receive a quick and easy personal review of your transcripts to identify transferability and your next classes towards your degree.
- Simple Process - No one likes a hassle especially when you're chasing a dream. Auburn University at Montgomery makes it easy.
|I can sign this agreement knowing that our students will receive the
same care and compassion at AUM that we have provided for them here.
— Trenholm State Community College President Samuel Munnerlyn
Transfer Admissions Requirements
- A completed AUM online application; no application fee.
- Official transcript(s) from each college or university you’ve attended (which should be mailed directly to AUM by each institution).
- Requirements: Transfer students must have completed 24 or more hours of college level credit at a regionally accredited institution(s) with at least a 2.00 on all GPA hours (all graded hours) from all colleges or institutions attended. If you have fewer than 24 credit hours of transferrable work, you will need to meet the minimum admission requirements for entering freshmen. Check out STARS for information on what classes transfer.
AUM offers a variety of Transfer Scholarships to incoming students transferring from Alabama's regionally accredited community colleges. Transfers from a SPAN Partner Community College* may be eligible for a full scholarship.
Complete your application and provide your supplemental materials by August 1.
No additional scholarship application is needed. Visit www.aum.edu/TransferScholarships for full details.
*AUM created Strategic Partnerships for Academic Navigation (SPAN), formal relationships with community colleges, to help students make a seamless transition from their associate degree to a bachelor's degree. Current SPAN partners include: Lurleen B. Wallace, Southern Union State, Trenholm State, Wallace — Selma.Learn more about Transfer Admission Requirements.