Club Sports

The Club Sports program at Auburn University at Montgomery provides the opportunity for students, faculty and staff to participate in a variety of sports and recreational activities while promoting health, physical well-being and the development of sports skills.

Students interested in participating in club sports can contact the Campus Recreation office at (334) 244-3933, or Brac Brady at bbrady@aum.edu or (334) 315-3211.


What is a Sport Club?

A sport club is a registered student organization that promotes and develops interest in a particular sport or physical activity. A club may be instructional, recreational or competitive, or may involve any combination. Participation in a sport club is voluntary. Sport clubs are officially sponsored by the university and are administered through Campus Recreation.

What is the difference between Club Sports and Intramural Sports?

Although both are managed by Campus Recreation, Club Sport teams are led and organized by students. Team practices, competitions, and fundraising are managed by individual club officers and members. Finally, Club Sports participants may travel to other universities to compete while individuals playing Intramural Sports compete against other members of the AUM community.

How much does it cost to be a member of a Sport Club?

Each Sport Club cost a different amount. Some are free while other varies pertaining to the activity. Costs may vary between free or having some cost to participate. For more information please contact bbrady@aum.edu or 334-244-3933.

How do I join a Sport Club?

Any current AUM student, faculty of staff member is eligible to participate on a Club Sports team. You must first contact the club you are interested in to find out when they hold practices or try-outs.  Many clubs hold general information sessions at the beginning of each semester to recruit interested new members. To complete the process, you must register with the sport club you are interested in and turn in all paper work to the Campus Recreation office located in the Wellness Center.

How are the Sport Clubs funded?

Sport Clubs in good standing can apply to receive money from the Student Government Association and/or Campus Recreation. Clubs may also hold fundraisers and collect member dues. First year clubs will not receive any university money and will need to fundraise and collect member dues to fund their clubs.

Do I have to tryout?

Any AUM student, faculty, or staff member is eligible to participate in the club in all practices and social activities. Some clubs will have tryouts for traveling or competitive teams as not all participants are guaranteed equal return on their investment.

Want More Info About AUM?


Taylor Center 101


7400 East Drive Montgomery, AL 36117

Office Hours

8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday

Call Today






    Let’s GO!

    Virtual Map of Campus.

    Start your adventure to campus life by clicking on our interactive map. Discover the AUM scene and its unique work-life balance. Take a virtual tour of featured facilities that provide comfort, convenience, exercise, and relaxation. Join a community of independent living and group activities that offset the challenging work week.