The Auburn University at Montgomery (AUM) Guard Card was established to help active duty Alabama National Guard members with funds to use toward books, supplies and meals on campus. The amount awarded is $500 per fall and spring semester (total of $1,000 for the academic year).
To be eligible for this scholarship, the student must meet the following:
- Must be currently serving as an active Alabama National Guard member, and within good standing (reservists are not eligible).
- Must be an Applicant or Enrolled in a degree-seeking program at AUM.
- All recipients must be enrolled full time (minimum of 12 credit hours) for the entire semester.
- Applicant must submit verification of active assignment within Alabama.
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative institutional GPA at the Undergraduate level or a 3.0 cumulative institutional GPA at the Graduate level.
- Continuing Education courses are not eligible for this scholarship.
- All applications are due one week prior to the first day of classes.
- The amount of the scholarship is $500 per fall and spring semester ($1,000 per academic year) that can be used toward books and supplies in the campus bookstore, and toward meals on campus.
- If the scholarship recipient drops below the full-time credit hour requirement or is no longer enrolled during a semester that they received money, they are required to pay back the money that they received for the AUM Guard Card.
- Money will be placed on the card one week before classes starting for the semester.
- Money can be used on campus towards the purchase of books, supplies or meals.
- The Guard Card is stackable with other scholarships such as the AUM Military & Dependent Scholarship, AUM Alabama National Guard Scholarship, ANGEAP, and other state and federal benefits.