The Auburn University at Montgomery (AUM) Guard Card was established to help active duty Alabama National Guard members with funds to purchase books, supplies and meals on campus. The amount awarded is $500 per fall and spring semester (total of $1,000 for the academic year).
To be eligible for this scholarship, the student must meet the following:
- Must be currently serving as an active Alabama National Guard member, and within good standing (reservists are not eligible). Status will be reviewed by Alabama National Guard headquarters or equivalent administration.
- Must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program at AUM.
- All recipients must be enrolled full time (minimum of 12 credit hours for undergraduate or 9 credit hours for graduate) for the entire semester.
- Applicant must submit verification form with certifying official signature.
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative institutional GPA at the undergraduate level or a 3.0 cumulative institutional GPA at the graduate level.
- Continuing Education courses and students enrolled in the Executive MBA program are not eligible for this scholarship.
- All verification forms are due to the scholarship manager no later than one week prior to the first day of classes to allow for purchase of books.
- The amount of the scholarship is $500 per fall and spring semester ($1,000 per academic year) that can be used to purchase books and supplies in the campus bookstore, and meals on campus.
- If the scholarship recipient drops below the full-time credit hour requirement or is no longer enrolled during a semester that they received funds, they are required to pay back the funds that they received for the AUM Guard Card.
- If the scholarship recipient is flagged by Guard headquarters or is not in good standing then they are required to pay back the funds that they received for the AUM Guard Card.
- Funds will be placed on the card one week before classes starting for the semester.
- Funds can be used on campus towards the purchase of books, supplies or meals.
- The Guard Card is stackable with other scholarships such as the AUM Military & Dependent Scholarship, AUM Alabama National Guard Scholarship, Alabama National Guard Educational Assistance Program, and other state and federal benefits.
Follow these easy steps to apply for AUM's Guard Card:
- Apply to AUM (because your scholarship application will require your AUM student number). If you have already applied to AUM or are a current AUM student, you can skip this step.
- Complete the verification form and submit no later than one week prior to the first day of classes. Submission information is listed on the verification form.