Even if you do not fully meet all the requirements for admission to AUM, you still may find a home here through our Bridge Program. This program is designed for students who meet specific academic criteria in order to enroll them in courses structured to prepare them for full admission.
What is the AUM Bridge Program?
If you qualify, our Bridge Program will provide you with extra academic support for one semester prior to gaining full admission to AUM. During the Bridge semester, you will be enrolled in courses designed specifically for "bridging the gap" to a continued and successful college career. Bridge courses consist of a University Success course, as well as a Math and/or English course. Throughout the semester, faculty and staff on our Bridge team will assist you by teaching you skills needed for success in college. The Bridge Program connects you with campus resources so that you can thrive at AUM.
Out of high school less than three years:
- 2.3 GPA (min.) + ACT 17/SAT 900 (min.) or
- GED 500 (min.) + ACT 17/SAT 900 (min.) or
- 2.0 GPA (min.) + ACT 18/SAT 940 (min.) or
- GED 450-499 + ACT 18/SAT 940 (min.)
Out of high school more than three years (ACT/SAT not required)
- 2.0 – 2.29 GPA (min.) or
- 450 - 499 GED
Important information you should know:
- The Bridge Program is one semester, and can begin Fall, Spring, or Summer semester.
- If you are successful in English, math and College Success, earning a "C" or higher in each course, you will be moved to full admissions status.
- If you do not earn a "C" in each course during Bridge, you must enroll elsewhere and earn 24 credit hours from an accredited institution to re-apply to AUM. The courses completed elsewhere must include one college-level English course and one college-level math course.
- As a Bridge student, you are permitted to take College Success, Math, English, and/or Wellness courses.
Full-time or Part-time?
- If you are eligible for the Summer Bridge Program, you are enrolled in two courses to include UNIV 1004 and Math.
- If you are eligible for the Fall or Spring Bridge Program, you have the option of being a Full-Time Student: UNIV 1004, English, and Math or a Part-Time Student: UNIV 1004, English or Math.
How do I apply?
- Apply for Admission - If you apply for regular admission you are considered for our Bridge Program. (No separate application is required).
- Once you've been accepted into the Bridge Program, you will receive a Bridge Contract with your acceptance letter. Please return a signed copy of your contract to Sissy Speirs to secure your place in the program.
- Create your AUM email account.
- Schedule an orientation date.
- Attend your new student orientation to get registered for your Bridge courses.
- Preview our Frequently Asked Questions regarding the Bridge Program.