Founded in 1967 at located in Alabama’s capital city, Auburn University at Montgomery has distinguished itself as the college of choice for students in the River Region and beyond.
In 2018, Auburn University at Montgomery earned a No. 22 ranking among regional universities in the South from U.S. News & World Report for the quality of its undergraduate teaching and ranked No. 38 overall among the region’s public universities. AUM also earned recognition from The Princeton Review as one of the best colleges in the Southeast and is the only River Region university to be designated a “Military Friendly School” by Victory Media.
It’s no wonder that Auburn University at Montgomery emerged from a crowded field of competitors to earn the Montgomery Advertiser Reader’s Choice Award in 2018 as the top university in the region.
Accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, AUM offers more than 90 undergraduate and graduate degree programs and certifications. Students can join us on our verdant campus, learn at their convenience in an online setting or experienced a blend of both through hybrid course delivery.
If it inspires you or defines who you want to be, you’ll find it in one of our five colleges – College of Business, College of Education, College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, and the College of Sciences. We offer programs that are unique among our regional peers, including Geographic Information Systems, Hospitality and Tourism, Homeland Security, and Cybersystems and Information Security.
Our students receive in-depth knowledge and practical experience from award-winning faculty members whose academic expertise is often enriched by industry experience. Best of all, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 16:1, your professors will know your name. Nearly 50 percent of our classes include 20 or fewer students, which feeds into a personalized and engaging learning experience.
We also pride ourselves on making a high quality education more affordable. Nearly 40 percent of AUM students earn scholarship assistance of some type, including scholarships designated for incoming freshmen, transfer students, international students, graduate students, and active duty military, veterans and their dependents.
We offer a diverse, close-knit and active campus community with more than 60 student clubs and organizations, and an athletic program nearing full-fledged NCAA Division II membership.
If you’re ready to soar to new heights, join the Warhawk Nation today!
AUM - Just the Facts
The mission of Auburn University at Montgomery is to provide quality and diverse educational opportunities at the undergraduate and graduate levels through use of traditional and electronic delivery systems, and to foster and support an environment conducive to teaching, research, scholarship, and collaboration with government agencies, our community, and other educational institutions.
Auburn University at Montgomery strives to be a university that …
- Is known for its commitment to developing dynamic and applied academic and research programs.
- Is a student’s first choice in a variety of programs of distinction.
- Embraces and builds an international presence at home and abroad, increasingly known for its ability to prepare students to thrive in a global community.
- Graduates students who become engaged alumni with a life-long interest in and personal connection to AUM.
- Is recognized as an integral community partner and a resource for the enrichment and economic development of the Southeast region and beyond.
What do we believe in? Auburn University at Montgomery values and promotes the following:
- A student-centered experience
- Citizenship and community engagement
- Excellence as our standard
- A commitment to constant improvement
- Diversity of people and perspective with a culture of inclusiveness
- Lifelong learning
- An environment of collaboration