In recognition of the service of U.S. Military members and their families, Auburn University at Montgomery established its Military and Dependent Scholarship to be offered beginning Summer semester 2018.
$250 Per Credit Hour
AUM’s Military and Dependent Scholarship reduces summer and fall semester tuition to $250 per credit hour at both the undergraduate and graduate levels for …
Eligibility and Award Details
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must meet the following requirements:
- Must be currently serving in the active or reserve component of the US military
- Must be the spouse or dependent child of a currently serving service member, including National Guard and Reserves.
- Enrollment Status: Applicant (aum.edu/apply) or Enrolled
- Degree program level: Undergraduate or Graduate.
- All service members need to submit an application for the scholarship (the military TA form will serve as your application). Members who have exhausted their military TA funding or decide not to utilize TA funding, should request the scholarship via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All eligibility requirements and award details for the AUM Military and Dependent Scholarship apply to service members.
- Scholarship Application must be received no later than 2 weeks prior to the start of the term or semester for which the dependent is applying for the scholarship.
- Applicant must submit completed Verification of Spouse or Dependent Status form to the University Scholarship Manager no later than two (2) weeks prior to the start of the term or semester. Re-validation will be required each year no later than two (2) weeks prior to the start of the term or semester. If you have questions you can contact Jennifer Gardner at email@example.com or 244-3078.
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative institutional GPA at the Undergraduate level or a 3.0 cumulative institutional GPA at the Graduate level.
- Continuing Education courses are not eligible for this scholarship.
This scholarship can only be used toward one degree at each level (one bachelor’s and one master’s degree). Other stipulations include …
- This scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other scholarship or benefit awarded by AUM, State benefits (ANGEAP, AL Dependent Scholarship, Vocational Scholarships, etc.), ROTC, or Veterans Administration benefits (excluding 1606 & 1607).
- Amount of award will be dependent on the number of credit hours the scholarship recipient registers for each term or semester.
- Amount of award will not exceed 120% of the required attempted credit hours to complete your degree program.
- The initial amount awarded is based on the number of credit hours registered for on the first day of classes. Re-evaluation for number of credit hours registered for will be on the 21st class day.
Scholarship can only be used toward one degree at each level (one bachelor’s degree and one master’s degree).
- Undergraduate students would save $165.00 per 3 semester credit hour class
- Graduate students would save $405.00 per 3 semester credit hour class
* Some recipients may be eligible for reimbursement of remaining tuition, so your full tuition might be covered. Talk to your command center about your benefits.
APPLY FOR AUM’S MILITARY AND DEPENDENT SCHOLARSHIP
Take your studies with you!
Did you know AUM offers more than 20 degrees online? No matter where your orders take you and your family, if you are pursuing your degree online, you can keep studying — and keep your Military and Dependent Scholarship!
Questions about AUM's Military and Dependent Scholarships? Just ask!