Student orientation is a great opportunity for you to learn about AUM's programs, services, traditions, register for classes, and connect with your fellow classmates.
At orientation you can --
- Register for classes
- Learn about our academic support services
- Learn how to get involved with our campus life
- Participate in a campus tour
- Meet students who will assist you in beginning your college experience
Orientation Day Information
All orientations begin with check-in at 8:00 a.m. in The Café in Taylor Center, located on the second floor. No students will be allowed to check-in prior to 8:00 a.m. A valid government issued ID is required for check-in. You will not be able to check-in or register for your classes without a valid government issued ID.
Who is required to attend orientation?
Dual Enrollment Students – no
First Time Freshman – yes
Freshman Transfer Students – yes
Returning Students – contact our office (334)-244-3158
Second Undergrad Students - no
Transfer Students – yes
Transient Students – no
Unclassified students - no
If you are not sure of your student classification, please contact our office.
Registering for Orientation
Registering for orientation is easy using your MyAUM account (as a student, MyAUM is your portal to everything). You can register for orientation 48 hours after you have gotten your acceptance notification.
- Visit MyAUM – your login information should be on your acceptance letter
- Select the New Student Page – look for the “Click Here to Register” link
- Select the "Click Here to Register" link, fill out the required fields, and look for your confirmation email on your AUM email address
- After you register, be sure to check your AUM.edu email address as it is the official method of communication from the university.
Current Orientation Dates
Orientations begin at 8:00 a.m. with check-in and tentatively end around 4:00 p.m. You must have a valid government issued ID to check-in at orientation and register for classes.
Fall Orientation Dates
Friday, August 3, 2018
Friday, August 17, 2018