In recognition of the service of U.S. Military members and their families, Auburn University at Montgomery established its Military and Dependent Scholarship.
$250 Per Credit Hour
AUM’s Military and Dependent Scholarship reduces tuition to $250 per credit hour at both the undergraduate and graduate levels for …
Eligibility and Award Details
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must meet the following requirements:
- Must be currently serving in the active or reserve component of the US military OR must be the spouse or dependent child of a currently serving service member, including National Guard and Reserves.
- Enrollment Status: Applicant (aum.edu/apply) or Enrolled
- Degree program level: Undergraduate or Graduate.
- All service members need to submit an application for the scholarship. All eligibility requirements and award details for the AUM Military and Dependent Scholarship apply to service members.
- Your Scholarship Application must be received no later than 2 weeks prior to the start of the term or semester for which you are applying for the scholarship. The Scholarship Application requires an AUM student number (S#): If you are not currently a student at AUM or have yet to complete your admission application, you'll need to apply to AUM first.
- Applicant applicant must submit completed Verification Form to the University Scholarship Manager no later than two (2) weeks prior to the start of the term or semester. Re-validation will be required each year no later than two (2) weeks prior to the start of the term or semester. If you have questions you can contact Jennifer Gardner at email@example.com or 244-3078.
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative institutional GPA at the Undergraduate level or a 3.0 cumulative institutional GPA at the Graduate level.
- Continuing Education courses are not eligible for this scholarship.
Stipulations for the AUM Military and Dependent Scholarship include the following:
- This scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other scholarship or benefit awarded by AUM, State benefits (ANGEAP, AL Dependent Scholarship, Vocational Scholarships, etc.), ROTC, or Veterans Administration benefits (excluding 1606 & 1607).
- Amount of award will be dependent on the number of credit hours the scholarship recipient registers for each term or semester.
- Amount of award will not exceed 120% of the required attempted credit hours to complete your degree program.
- The initial amount awarded is based on the number of credit hours registered for on the first day of classes. Re-evaluation for number of credit hours registered for will be on the 21st class day.
Scholarship can only be used toward one degree at each level (one bachelor’s degree and one master’s degree).
- Undergraduate students would save $165.00 per 3 semester credit hour class
- Graduate students would save $405.00 per 3 semester credit hour class
* Some recipients may be eligible for reimbursement of remaining tuition, so your full tuition might be covered. Talk to your command center about your benefits.
APPLY NOW FOR AUM’S MILITARY AND DEPENDENT SCHOLARSHIP
Follow these easy steps to apply for AUM's Military and Dependent Scholarship:
- Apply to AUM (because your Scholarship Application will require your AUM student number). If you have already applied to AUM or are a current AUM student, you can skip this step.
- Complete your Military and Dependent Scholarship Application.
- Complete and submit your Verification Form.
Take your studies with you!
Did you know AUM offers more than 20 degrees online? No matter where your orders take you and your family, if you are pursuing your degree online, you can keep studying — and keep your Military and Dependent Scholarship!
Questions about AUM's Military and Dependent Scholarships? Just ask!