It is our goal in the Office of Orientation and Transitions to provide you with a comprehensive introduction to the AUM community by providing comprehensive and diverse programs to prepare you for academic success and campus engagement. By participating in the orientation and transitions programs, you will be equipped with the tools you need to be successful at AUM.
Student orientation is a great opportunity for you to learn about AUM's programs, services, traditions, register for classes, and connect with your fellow classmates.
At orientation you can --
- Register for classes
- Learn about our academic support services
- Learn how to get involved with our campus life
- Participate in a campus tour
- Meet students who will assist you in beginning your college experience
Orientation Day Information
All orientations begin with check-in at 8:00 a.m. in The Café in Taylor Center, located on the second floor. No students will be allowed to check-in prior to 8:00 a.m. A valid government issued ID is required for check-in. You will not be able to check-in or register for your classes without a valid government issued ID.
Who is required to attend orientation?
Dual Enrollment Students – no
First Time Freshman – yes
Freshman Transfer Students – yes
Graduate Students – no
International Freshman Students – yes
International Graduate Students – yes
International Transfer Students – yes
Returning Students – contact our office (334)-244-3158
Second Undergrad Students - no
Transfer Students – yes
Transient Students – no
If you are not sure of your student classification, please contact our office.
Registering for Orientation
Registering for orientation is easy using your MyAUM account (as a student, MyAUM is your portal to everything). You can register for orientation 48 hours after you have gotten your acceptance notification.
- Visit MyAUM – your login information should be on your acceptance letter
- Select the New Student Page – look for the “Click Here to Register” link
- Select the "Click Here to Register" link, fill out the required fields, and look for your confirmation email on your AUM email address
- After you register, be sure to check your AUM.edu email address as it is the official method of communication from the university.
Current Orientation Dates
Orientations begin at 8:00 a.m. with check-in and tentatively end around 4:00 p.m. You must have a valid government issued ID to check-in at orientation and register for classes.
Fall Orientation Dates
Friday, June 8, 2018 – open
Saturday, June 23, 2018 – open
Friday, July 20, 2018 - open
Friday, July 27, 2018 – open
Friday, August 3, 2018 – open