News

Marie Reuter elected SGA President

by Buffy Lockette | Apr 10, 2014

Marie Reuter has been elected SGA president for 2014-2015. She is a junior majoring in elementary education.

Born in Germany to parents serving in the U.S. Air Force, Reuter moved to Central Alabama in 1998 when her parents were transferred to Maxwell Air Force Base. She grew up in Wetumpka, where she graduated from Wetumpka High School in 2011.

Since her freshman year at AUM, Reuter has been active on campus. She helped build the Curtiss the Warhawk mascot program from the ground up as lead Friend of Curtiss. She is also an orientation leader, an Orange Jacket Society campus ambassador, and a member of Zeta Tau Alpha sorority. She is currently serving as an SGA cabinet member and has represented the School of Education as a senator. She was elected Homecoming Princess in 2012.

Campaigning under the slogan “Putting the U in AUM,” Reuter’s vision as SGA president is to focus on the students and encourage programs and initiatives that promote a more reflective representation of campus.

“I can't even begin to express how ecstatic I am to be offered the opportunity to serve in a position that will allow me to work with Student Government and it's entirety to lead Auburn University at Montgomery down an even more successful path,” Reuter said. “To everyone who has helped me get to this point in my life, I cannot express the amount of gratitude that I have for everything you have done. My work sleeves are rolled up and I'm ready to get to business.”

Curtiss with Marie Reuter, SGA President.