The AUM/HBUE Confucius Institute is designed to develop and facilitate the teaching of the Chinese language and promote educational and cultural exchanges in accordance with the Constitution and By-Laws of the Confucius Institutes.
Confucius Institutes devote themselves to satisfying the demands of peoples from different countries and regions in the world who learn the Chinese language; enhancing understanding of the Chinese language and culture by these peoples; strengthening educational and cultural exchanges and cooperation between China and other countries; deepening friendly relationships with other nations; promoting the development of multi-culturalism, and constructing a harmonious world.
Specifically, the AUM/HBUE Confucius Institute is designed to provide the following services:
- Teach the Chinese language;
- Train Chinese language instructors and provide Chinese language teaching resources;
- Conduct the HSK examination (Chinese Proficiency Test) and tests for the Certification of the Chinese Language Teachers;
- Provide information and consultative services concerning China’s education, culture, and so forth;
- Conduct language and cultural exchange activities between China and other countries.