As 2013 gets underway, now is a great time to think about your health and fitness. With the turkeys and hams and mashed potatoes with gravy in your rear view, you can concentrate on the fitness road ahead.
AUM's WarhawkFit program would like to help you assess where you are and where you should go in terms of health and fitness by offering all AUM students, faculty, staff and alumni a 25 percent discount on screenings throughout the spring semester.
The WarhawkFit screenings will help you discover valuable information that can be used to develop a personal exercise/physical activity program. The entire packet, which costs $75 after the AUM discount, includes the following assessments:
- Cardiovascular fitness via 12-lead electrocardiography (EKG) exercise stress testing
- Results will be reviewed by a physician
- Aerobic fitness assessment
- Resting and exercise blood pressures and heart rates
- Fasting blood chemistry profile (e.g., cholesterol)
- Pulmonary function evaluation
- Muscular fitness assessment
- Body composition and bone mineral density evaluation
- Cardiovascular risk profile
- Flexibility assessment
- Vital signs at rest while sitting, standing and during exercise
You also will receive a detailed packet summarizing your results with easy-to-understand descriptions of each assessment. You will have the opportunity to schedule follow-up consultations to discuss detailed exercise prescription options.
For more information or to set up an appointment, contact Dr. Mike Esco at email@example.com or 244-3161.