For faculty and staff reserving a room, it’s best to call Conference Services at 244-3562 first to see which rooms are available and we will pencil you in tentatively until you make the request in the portal.
Please use the conferences portal at http://srez-web.aum.edu/StarRezConference to make your request. Multiple entries for the same event can be completed on one form.
For all AUM department sponsored events:
- You must secure the space through the Conference Services website.
- As a department sponsor, you are required to be present during the entire event.
- The group sponsored must be for an educationally related purpose to your department.
- You assume all responsibilities for the external client, including ascertaining the client’s needs for tables, tablecloths, chairs, podiums, trashcans and signage, and, if the event is outside, power.
- You are also responsible for communicating setup needs to Conference Services. Please be sure the client provides a diagram for setup and send to email@example.com
- It is the pleasure of Conference Services to provide the following for your client as our resources permit: Tables, tablecloths ($10 each), chairs, podiums, trashcans and signage (paying clients have priority over sign boxes).
- It is your responsibility to arrange all A/V and IT needs directly through Rachael Mann in ITS at firstname.lastname@example.org or 244-3352.
- Schedule the client’s catering directly through Chartwell’s, AUM Catering Services. You can reach Jan at email@example.com or 244-3133.
- Schedule any security and bus parking needs directly with Campus Police Chief Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 244-3464.
- Schedule any shuttle services (required for events expecting over 100 vehicles on campus during classroom hours) with Anthony Rosa at email@example.com or 244-3166.
- Tent requests need to be communicated to Grounds at Sodexo firstname.lastname@example.org or 244-3232.
- You assume all responsibilities for communicating the coordination of cleanup of the rented space with Facilities or Sodexo. Contact email@example.com (for Taylor Center or athletics complex) or firstname.lastname@example.org (for Library Tower or classrooms).
- No glitter, candles, silly string, confetti or tape on walls.
- If AUM Conference Services is called on to make any arrangements with the client, appropriate fees will be assessed, including room rental and administrative fees.