Diwali Cultural Program
Dear Community Members:
The Hindu temple is organizing the Diwali Cultural program on November 9, 2019, at Goodwyn Hall, Auburn University Montgomery. If you or your kids are interested to participate in this activity (dance, skits, play & M.C., etc.). Please send an email on or before October 7, 2019, to Nethra Param. Her email address is email@example.com
Please review the following DIWALI PROGRAM PARTICIPATION INFO as you start planning.
- Only programs with 2 or more participants will be entertained whether it is a dance or a song.
- An individual can participate in a maximum of 2 items to minimize confusion in assigning the Program order.
- Time limit- 5 minutes maximum per program.
- Anything greater than 5-6 minutes will need approval from the Committee based on the content. Eg Skits, Tableau, etc.
- Diwali related skits and tableaus are encouraged.
- Group/folk dances showcasing different states are highly encouraged so please get creative and try not to limit yourself to Bollywood numbers.
- Please provide details of the item being planned in the email to enable the Committee to ensure that there is no duplication of items and to assess the appropriateness of the program before approving. Please provide names of individual participants in each program in your email to enable assignment of program order based on some participants being in 2 programs.
- Auditions will be held mid-October to check on progress and provide input.
- Each group will also be in charge of setting up and taking down their props, sending in their performance music in time to the cultural committee and being on time to perform- all within the allotted time.
Looking forward to your positive participation and support.
Diwali Program Cultural Committee (2019)
Dr. Shanta Goswami-Varma
Mrs. Deepali Rastogi
Mrs. Jaimini Patel
Mrs. Nethra Param
Mrs. Sudha Hingorani