As a senior adult, Auburn University at Montgomery welcomes you to enroll in many regular college courses as guests of the University through our Senior Guest Program.
Continue your education for free
Offered through the AUM Registrar's Office, this unique program allows seniors 60 and over a chance to take courses at no cost. Don't miss this opportunity to pursue learning for its own sake. You benefit from the chance to continue learning; our more traditional students benefit when you share your ideas, experiences, insights, and commitment to lifelong learning.
- Participation is open to those age 60 and over.
- You can take classes on a space-available basis.
- You will not receive course credit.
- You will not normally take tests
- You will not be required to complete assignments.
- You can take advantage of free parking in our five conveniently located lots adjacent to classroom buildings in any space not designated for faculty and staff.
The level of participation is really between the senior guest and the instructor.
Science lab classes, studio courses in fine arts, study abroad, and computer classes are not available for audit in this program.
Get started today
- Select up to three courses from the semester class schedule available several weeks prior to the beginning of each semester.
- Download an application.
- Visit the Registrar's Office, Room 114 Taylor Center, to submit the application and confirm course availability. Registration for subsequent terms will be conducted by mail-in-registration.
AUM's facilities are accessible to all persons. If you have a disability that might require special assistance, please communicate this by calling the Center for Disability Services at 334-244-3631 or TDD phone 334-244-3754.
For more information on this program, please contact the Registrar's Office at 334-244-3125.