As a fully admitted and enrolled AUM student, Cross Enrollment allows you to take courses offered at other select local institutions (host schools), without an additional formal admission. This differs from transient enrollment, which requires admission, registration, and payment to the host school. This agreement allows reciprocal cross enrollment among participating schools.
Cross enrollment registration activities and tuition payments begin at your home institution. You will present authorization forms and register in-person at the Registrar's Office of the host institution (you are obligated to pay the host institution all laboratory fees and other special charges normally made for certain courses). Registered under this agreement, the host institution extends to you the use of the host institution's libraries, computer labs, and other student services.
If you are currently enrolled at AUM full-time, you may attend Faulkner University or Huntingdon College as a Cross Enrolled student. Contact your advisor to receive the proper information and forms regarding cross enrollment. You should request that an official transcript be sent to AUM upon completion of coursework.
- If you are officially registered and enrolled on a full-time basis at a participating institution, you are allowed to cross enroll in another institution for a maximum of one regular course, or the equivalent, during a given term.
- All academic courses at participating institutions are subject to cross enrollment.
- Tuition and registration fees are waived by the host institution; however, as a cross enrolled student, you are obligated to pay the host institution all laboratory fees and other special charges normally made for certain courses.
- Cross enrollment must occur during coinciding terms. If your enrollment status at the home institution changes during the term, you may remain enrolled at the host institution by paying all normal tuition and fees retroactive to the beginning of the term.
- You will be cross enrolled only upon approval of your dean and on presentation of cross enrollment permission forms to the Admissions Office at the host institution.
- As a cross enrolled student, you are subject to all other rules and regulations of the host institution.
- At the request of the student, the Registrar's Office of the host institution will forward all of your grades to the Admissions Office of the home institution at the end of each term.
Note: As a cross enrolled student, you may register during open registration. Please bring the appropriate forms to the Registrar's Office in 114 Taylor Center. Registration for classes will be done by host institution and your presence is required. There is no need to fill out an undergraduate application. Course availability is on a first-come first-served basis.