Watch AUM Commencement online live!
Family and friends unable to attend the ceremony can watch AUM graduation live online.
Clicking the link above will take you to a new page. Once there, click on the current semester in the list on the left, and then choose the morning or afternoon ceremony.
The live feed will begin when the ceremony begins.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Commencement and Graduation?
Graduation is the completion of all graduation requirements and official posting of a student's degree to his/her academic record. Commencement is the ceremony in which students who are eligible to graduate participate. Although AUM has three graduation awarding dates per year (May, August, and December), there are only two commencement ceremonies.
I will be finishing up my program during the summer. When will I be able to participate in the commencement ceremony?
While degrees are awarded three times during the year (May, August, and December), there are only two formal commencement ceremonies (May and December). The December commencement program includes those students who had graduated during the previous August as well as those students finishing their program in December.
What do I need to do before I graduate?
Students nearing completion of their degree requirements should apply for graduation when registering for their final term.
How do I apply to graduate?
- Meet with your advisor and confirm that you are on track to graduate at the end of the term.
- Complete the online Graduation Application through MYAUM/Webster account by the deadline to apply for the current semester. A confirmation page will be displayed showing your application has been accepted. It is highly recommended that you print this page for your own records.
- Pay the non-refundable graduation fee ($85 for undergraduates and $98 for graduate students). This fee will be posted to your student account.
- All relevant information concerning graduation will be sent to you by email. Please be sure to frequently check your AUM email. All graduation communication will go through AUM email addresses only.
When do I apply to graduate?
Summer 2019 online graduation application window: 3/29/19 – 6/14/19
Fall 2019 online graduation application window: 3/29/19 – 8/30/19
How do I get a cap and gown for the ceremony?
You must pick up your cap and gown before the graduation ceremony from the AUM Bookstore. (Caps and gowns are in stock at the AUM Bookstore; therefore, you do not have to pre-order.) There is no additional charge for the cap and gown.
Where may I order graduation invitations?
You may order invitations to the commencement ceremony from a vendor through the AUM Bookstore.
How many guests may I invite?
There is no limit to the number of guests you may invite.
When should my guests arrive?
Guests should arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your ceremony. Downstairs doors will close 20 minutes before. Balcony seats will be available, and overflow and late seating will be accommodated in Goodwyn Hall 109 and 112 to watch the live video broadcast.
Where should my guests park?
Guests for commencement may park in any lot on campus. See the links to the campus map for directions from parking lots to the Athletics Complex and the Directions to AUM map below.
What is appropriate dress for the ceremony?
Candidates are encouraged to wear black clothing under the gown. Comfortable black dress shoes are recommended since you will be doing a lot of walking. The tassel on your mortar board hangs on the right of the cap as you enter the ceremony. During the ceremony when the degrees are conferred, you will move it to the left.
Is there a commencement ceremony rehearsal?
Graduating students must attend a pre-commencement meeting at 8:30 a.m. for the 10 a.m. ceremony and at 12:30 p.m. for the 2 p.m. ceremony in the Taylor Center on the day of graduation.
How do I get honor cords?
If you qualify, academic honor cords and/or military honor cords will be distributed during the pre-ceremony. (Please contact the specific organizations for honorary scholastic cords. If you are receiving a cord from another organization, pick it up from the sponsor in advance of commencement.)
How are academic honors determined?
Undergraduates are eligible for academic honors. Graduate students do not receive academic honors.
- A minimum of 50 resident hours at AUM is required to be eligible for academic honors.
- All undergraduate coursework, including repeated and forgiven courses, is counted in honors determination.
- Honors are based on both the AUM and OVERALL GPA. The lower of the two GPAs determines the honors designations.
- Honors will be determined after all current grades are received.
- Summa Cum Laude - minimum overall GPA of 3.8; Magna Cum Laude - minimum overall GPA of 3.6; and Cum Laude - minimum overall GPA of 3.4
- Academic honor cords (Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude, and Cum Laude) and military honor cords will be distributed during the pre-ceremony. (Please contact the specific organizations for honorary scholastic cords in advance of the ceremony.)
What if a candidate or a guest of a candidate needs special accommodations?
If you (or a guest) have a disability and require assistance, contact the Registrar's Office at 334-244-3125 or email email@example.com.
How much is the graduation fee and when is it assessed?
The non-refundable graduation fee ($85 for undergraduates and $98 for graduate students) will be posted to your student account. You will be notified by email when the fee has been assessed to your account.
When will I receive my diploma?
Diplomas are distributed immediately following the commencement ceremony in the Taylor Center. If students are unable to attend the commencement ceremony, the diploma will be mailed within two weeks of graduation.
What if I do not complete degree requirements or need to change my graduation date to a later semester?
University regulations require that all degree candidates be enrolled during the term of graduation. If a student fails to graduate in the term for which application is made, the applicant must reapply in a subsequent term. (The graduation fee will not be assessed for reapplication.)
To re-apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
I applied for graduation but haven't received any information?
Contact email@example.com or the Registrar’s Office at 244-3125.
Can I get a replacement copy of my diploma?
Complete the Request for Replacement Diploma (located on the Registrar’s page of the AUM website) along with $35 and mail to:
Auburn University at Montgomery
114 Taylor Center
P O Box 244023
Montgomery, AL 36124-4023