Center for Disability Services' Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) is a small group of questions that our department often receives. Below are the answers to the questions.
If you have any comments or questions about the FAQ please email the department at email@example.com or call 334-244-3880.
- Who is eligible to receive services provided by the Center for Disability Services (CDS)?
- How do I register for CDS and receive accommodations?
- Why can't CDS speak to my professors about my accommodations?
- Where is the office located and how can I contact the office?
- What documentation is needed to register for CDS services?
1. Who is eligible to receive services provided by the Center for Disability Services (CDS)?
All students attending Auburn University at Montgomery (AUM) with documented disability are encouraged to register for services provided by CDS.
2. How do I register for CDS and receive accommodations?
First, you must be admitted as a student of the University. Then proper disability documentation must be provided. Once the documentation has been assessed, an intake interview will be scheduled with CDS Staff to identify appropriate accommodations needed for class(es) or lab(s). Finally preparation of faculty notification memoranda and contracts are given to the student for delivery. The student will then deliver and discuss the documentation with the faculty member.
3. Why can’t CDS deliver and speak to my professors about my disability and accommodations?
CDS oftentimes acts as a liaison between the student and faculty/staff, but we also promote self-advocacy. We inform and encourage our students to speak one-on-one with their instructors so that they can provide them with the best possible accommodations available.
4. Where is the office located and how can I contact the office?
The Center for Disability Services is located in the Taylor Center, first floor, room 147. The Center’s office hours are: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Phone: 334-244-3631. Fax: 334-244-3907. E-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. What documentation is needed to register for CDS services?
CDS provides a criteria sheet that gives a general description(s) of disabilities and the type of documentation needed in order to be registered with the department. We will gladly fax, e-mail, or even mail you a copy of this information. This information is also updated online. Visit the Documentation Criteria for more information.