- Students may have two half-hour appointments per week and two additional half-hour appointments on a space-available basis.
- Students may have a standing appointment throughout the semester OR they may come any time on an as-needed basis.
- Students must be registered AUM students; however, they need not be currently enrolled in English or math class to receive help.
- Students in Intensive English classes through Continuing Education are also welcome to set standing appointments. Call for information on the cost of tutoring for non-credit-hour-producing coursework.
- Math consultants can help in all math courses from 0700 through to the upper level math courses.
- Our math consultants can also help with math applied in business, economics, nursing, chemistry, and education courses.
- We now have a dedicated accounting tutor.
- If you need refreshing before taking the GRE or the GMAT, our consultants can help anyone currently enrolled at AUM.
- Writing consultants can help students through the process of writing papers in any discipline. We help you develop your ideas and draft them into essays, but we respect your ownership of your writing. We do not "check over" papers on the same day your paper is due!
- Our consultants can help with MLA, APA, APSA, AP, and CMS documentation.
- Check our web pages for interactive grammar workshops as well as for links to web sites that can help with the entire writing process in various disciplines.
Writing and math consultants are highly qualified in their fields. Some are undergraduate and graduate students who have clearly demonstrated their expertise in either math or writing and have been referred to us by their professors. Others are professional tutors with graduate degrees in their fields. Several are instructors here at AUM. All our tutors are trained to meet the academic needs of their students.
Call early in the semester for standing appointments.