Warhawk Power Down
It is our responsibility to help save on energy usage and costs!
Did you know that AUM’s energy usage produces annual CO2 emissions equivalent to that from:
• more than 1.6 million gallons of gasoline?
• enough to drive to the moon and back 68 times?
• annual electricity usage of 1,802 homes?
• enough to light 2 percent of the homes in Montgomery for a year?
• propane tank emissions from four hours of barbecuing at more than 1.8 million tailgate parties?
What can we do?
• Turn off office equipment (printers, computers, fax machines, coffee makers) at night and when not in use.
• Maximize natural light and turn off unnecessary lights. Use fluorescent desk lamps instead of ceiling lights when possible.
• Purchase Energy Star or similarly accredited energy-efficient products – they use 35 percent less energy than standard products.
• Plug radios, cell phone chargers, fans and other personal electronics into a power strip that can be turned off when not in use. These devices draw “vampire” energy even when switched off.
• Let Facilities (244-3232) know if you see any leaky faucets or toilets, or if you have any trouble with windows, thermostats or lights.
• Lower your thermostat a few degrees in the winter (set at 68 degrees) and raise it a few degrees in the summer (set at 78 degrees). Adjust your layers of clothing before adjusting the thermostat.