Nominations are currently being accepted for the Auburn University at Montgomery Alumni Board of Directors
Are you passionate about AUM? Do you want to make a difference? Are you willing to be a leader in the AUM Alumni Association? We invite you to apply for a position on the AUM Alumni Board of Directors.
As the advisory board to the Auburn University at Montgomery Alumni Association, the Alumni Board seeks candidates who are proven leaders, have demonstrated service to the AUM alumni population, are experienced in working in a collaborative environment, and are committed to serving as AUM ambassadors in their communities.
Please read below for more details about the nomination process. Nominations for the 2020-21 Alumni Board are due August 1, 2019.
About the Alumni Board
- The board consists of 19 members with approximately four to six new members joining each term.
- The Alumni Board is an advisory board to the Alumni Association. Board members act on behalf of alumni across their respective programs, volunteer activities, and other organizations. Candidates should have the ability to advise from experiences as an alumna/us in particular areas.
- Alumni Board members serve as ambassadors of the Alumni Association and represent the association’s leadership at local events and in their AUM alumni networks. Candidates should have the time and enthusiasm to attend alumni gatherings, participate in University functions and remain actively involved in the larger community.
- Members serve a two-year term, which begins on January 1, with a mutual option for a second two-year term.
- New members and nominators will be notified of board selections in the fall.
- Must be a graduate of Auburn University at Montgomery or have earned credit toward one of its degree programs.
- Must commit to attending meetings in person three times per year on campus and to participating on committees. Event attendance throughout the year is expected.
- Should have a history of leadership, service to the University, and the ability to collaborate and think strategically.
- Should be willing to serve as an ambassador for the University in their communities.
- Should philanthropically support the University, at any level, annually.
- May be from any geographic location or degree unit.
Submitting a Nomination
- Nominations must be accompanied by a current resume.
- Letters of recommendation will be accepted.
- Self-nominations will be accepted.
Please submit completed nomination forms and supporting documents to the following address:
Auburn University at Montgomery Office of Alumni Affairs
P.O. Box 244023
Montgomery, AL 36124-4023
E-mail correspondence will also be accepted: email@example.com
The deadline for receiving nominations is August 1, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. CST.