What is the Confucius Institute?
Confucius Institutes devote themselves to satisfying the demands of peoples from different countries and regions in the world who learn the Chinese language; enhancing understanding of the Chinese language and culture by these peoples; strengthening educational and cultural exchanges and cooperation between China and other countries; deepening friendly relationships with other nations; promoting the development of multi-culturalism, and constructing a harmonious world.
- Teach the Chinese language
- Train Chinese language instructors and provide Chinese language teaching resources
- Conduct the HSK examination (Chinese Proficiency Test) and tests for the Certification of the Chinese Language Teachers
- Provide information and consultative services concerning China’s education and culture
- Conduct language and cultural exchange activities between China and other countries