Step by Step Guide to Applying at AUM - Graduate
Ready to apply? Follow these steps to make sure you don’t forget anything or experience any delays.
Step 1: Online Application
Complete the online application and pay the $25 application fee. You will need to create an account if you are visiting the page for the first time.
Step 2: Undergraduate Transcripts
Have the registrar of your undergraduate institution(s) send your official transcripts to AUM. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or universities is required for admittance to Master’s programs.
AUM Office of Graduate Studies
P.O. Box 244023
Montgomery, AL 36124-4023
Step 3: Test Scores
Have official GRE, MAT, or GMAT scores sent to AUM. The scores can’t be more than five years old. Check with the department that you are interested in to find out which test they prefer, if any.
Step 4: Talk with your Department
Make sure to check with your department about other admissions requirements! Several have different standards and requirements for admissions, such as letters of recommendation.
To apply to AUM, you’ll need to request that official transcripts of all completed coursework be sent to the address at the bottom of this page.
(If you are U.S Citizen or U.S lawful permanent resident)
Alternative Master of Education
- You have an undergraduate degree in an area other than education, or you have a degree in an area of education and wish to be certified in a different area.
- Upon completion of this degree, you will be fully qualified and recommended for a Class A (master level) certification.
Traditional Master of Education
- You have an undergraduate degree and a Class B (bachelor level) certification in the area in which you want to earn a Class A (master level) certificate and a master degree.School Counseling, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Instructional Leadership,Instructional Technology, Sport Management and Exercise Science are also listed under the Traditional Master selection.
- You have a Class A (master level) certification and/or a master degree in an area and you wish to earn a Class AA (education specialist level) certification and an education specialist degree in the same area.
- Special Education is the only Education Specialist degree in which the applicant does not have to have an A-level certification in the area in which he/she is applying for an AA certification.
Master: College of Business
- You wish to earn a Master of Business Administration or a Master of Information Systems Management.
Master: College of Arts and Sciences
- Anthropology/Archaeology, Art, English, Geography and Geographic Systems (G.I.S.), History, Spanish, Sociology,and Theater are optional focus for a graduate degree in Liberal Arts.
- You are interested in pursuing a degree in Psychology, International Relations, Political Science, or Cybersystems and Information Security.
Master: College of Public Policy and Justice
- You are interested in pursuing a degree in Public Administration or Justice & Public Safety
Master of Accountancy: School of Accountancy, College of Business
- An undergraduate degree in accounting from an an accredited college or university. Official transcipts required at time of application. If you do not have a degree in accounting, you can still qualify for the MAcc by completing all prerequisite Accounting courses.
- A satisfactory Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) Score (current within 5 years) unless you have an accounting certification (i.e.; CPA, CMA, CIA, CGMA, CISA, CGFM) or a graduate degree from an accredited college of university.
- Meeting minimum qualifications does not guarantee admission into the MAcc program.
- Relevant work or internship experience is preferred, but not required.
- Convenient class times for working professionals.
Unclassified Graduate Student
- You have completed a bachelor level (or higher) degree and wish to take classes that would not count toward a master degree. Unclassified Graduate Students are not eligible for financial aid.
Mail all documents and credentials to:
AUM Graduate Admissions
PO Box 244023
Montgomery, Alabama 36124