Freshman Academic Scholarships AUM offers excellent scholarship opportunities to students of high academic achievement. The minimum academic requirements for scholarship consideration are for first-time, full-time freshmen entering AUM in Fall 2015 directly from high school. All merit-based awards are renewable for up to 4 years contingent on full-time enrollment and maintained minimum cumulative institution GPA of 3.0.
To be considered for Freshman Academic Scholarships, students must be admitted by March 1, 2015. Students should apply for admission and send official transcripts and test scores allowing time for delivery and processing.
Freshman Merit Scholarships are automatically awarded. A separate application is not required except for the Chancellor's Scholarship (applicants must submit a separate application, essay, and resume).
Chancellor's Scholarship (Limited number) requires a minimum ACT composite score of 30 (1340 SAT) and a minimum high school GPA of a 3.5. The Chancellor's Scholarship totals $38,320 - $9,080 toward tuition/academic fees per academic year ($4,540 per semester) plus a $500 annual book stipend and is renewable up to four years.
- Chancellor's Scholarship Application will be available until March 1,2015.
- These documents must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to (334)244-3795 or by mail.
- All applications must be typed. Handwritten applications will not be accepted. Submissions must be postmarked no later than March 1, 2015.
- All Chancellor's Scholarship applicants will be given a decision after the March 1, 2015 deadline. There is no advantage for students who submit applications early.
Provost's Scholarship requires a minimum ACT composite score of 28 (1260 SAT) and a minimum high school GPA of a 3.5. This scholarship totals $32,000 - $8,000 per academic year ($4,000 per semester) and is renewable up to four years.
Warhawk Scholarship requires a minimum ACT composite score of 25 (1150 SAT) and a minimum high school GPA of 3.0. This scholarship totals $16,000 - $4,000 per academic year ($2,000 per semester).
- All Chancellor's Scholarship eligible students will be automatically awarded a Provost's Scholarship via mail. If you are selected for the Chancellor's Scholarship, that dollar amount will replace the previously awarded Provost's Scholarship amount. If you are not awarded the Chancellor's Scholarship, the Provost's Scholarship is guaranteed.
Achievement Scholarship requires a minimum ACT composite score of 23 (1070 SAT) and a minimum high school GPA of 3.0. This scholarship totals $8,000 - $2,000 per academic year ($1,000 per semester).
Recognition Scholarship requires a minimum ACT composite score of 20 (950 SAT) and minimum high school GPA of 3.5. This scholarship totals $4,000 - $1,000 per academic year ($500 per semester).
*Freshman Admissions Scholarships may not be combined. All freshman academic scholarships are renewable for up to 4 years for students who maintain full-time enrollment and a minimum institution GPA of 3.0. All scholarship awards are subject to change. Students must be admitted as full-time, first-time freshmen directly from high school. Students admitted to the Seamless Program are not eligible for Freshman Academic Scholarships.
Freshman Housing Scholarship
A limited number of scholarships are available for new freshmen applying to live on campus. To be considered for this one-time award, you must first be admitted to AUM and submit this application by March 1, 2015. The Freshman Housing Scholarship covers 50% of student’s housing cost for Spring 2016 term and 100% of housing costs for Summer 2016 term (students will be responsible for Fall 2015 housing costs). Private or Semi-Private Rooms are excluded from this scholarship.
The 2015-2016 Freshman Housing Application is now available.