Suggestions Before Your Scheduled Appointment
- Call (334) 244-3470 or stop by 225 Library Tower to make an appointment.
- The Learning Center is not just for students who might be struggling in a course. The center is a valuable resource for any and all students, no matter what their skill level, for the development and mastery of effective writing strategies.
- Reserve a time slot early because our consultants are booked several days in advance.
- Appointments are one-on-one sessions lasting thirty minutes. You may choose to double up with someone if you are working on the same material. You may reserve two appointments per week.
- You may set standing appointments in both math and writing.
- We cannot make back-to-back appointments.
- Some students find it helpful to seek guidance from their instructor on how best to use the time in the Learning Center.
- Because of time restraints, bring a list of questions to ask the consultant.
- When coming to the Learning Center for tutorial services, be prepared to work.
- Things to bring with you to your tutoring session(s):
- Class notes
- Course syllabus
- Relevant assignment sheets
- Homework problems
- A draft of the essay you are working on or a previous essay
Information regarding the Writing Placement Test may be obtained by contacting Dr. Elizabeth Woodworth via email: email@example.com.
During the spring and fall semesters, these times are usually available for WPT appointments.
Tuesday 12:05-1:05 p.m.
Wednesday 12:05-1:05 p.m.
Even though these times are set aside for testing, you MUST make an appointment to take the test. Other times may be available by appointment only. When you make an appointment, you’ll be given information about where the testing will take place by the test proctor.
Online Writing Tutoring Appointments for Online Classes Appointment Procedures in Mandarin Chinese Appointment Procedures read in Mandarin Chinese Video Appointment Procedures in Arabic