We have made Online Learning Center resources available to you for a range of topics and needs. Click on a link below for a wide variety of helpful guides, instructional materials, and printable handouts specific to that topic.
An Introduction to the Learning Center
Writing Process & Grammar Help
Writing Process Steps
Tips for Essay Writing
- "What is an Academic Paper?"
- Writing about Literature
- Writing Research Papers: Checklist
- Essays and Modes of Discourse
- Citation Generators
- Research and Citation Resources
- Official MLA website
- Official APA website
- Chicago Manual of Style
- Turabian Style
- Associated Press Stylebook
- Avoiding Plagiarism
- Avoiding Plagiarism (translated into Mandarin Chinese)
- Avoiding Plagiarism (translated into Korean)
- Using MLA Properly
- Using APA Style Properly
Doing Research on the Web
English as a Second Language Tutoring
The Learning Center staff includes tutors who will regularly work with you, as an ESL student, on writing and grammar, either as tutor or instructor.
- OWL ESL Resources
- How to Edit Your Own Essay: A Checklist for ESL Students
- Grammar Girl Quick and Dirty Tips
- Self-Study Grammar Quizzes
- AUM English as a Second Language (AUMESL) If you are interested in taking ESL courses, contact the AUMESL office at (334) 244-3453 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Listening Exercises for ESL students
- Language Resources for ESL/L2 Learners
Other Writing Centers
Job Search Writing