The mission of the Office of Financial Affairs is to provide and promote the highest standards of accounting and financial reporting services to meet the business needs of the students, faculty, staff and service providers of the University in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner. The Office of Financial Affairs serves the institution by processing and initiating transactions, generating financial reports, and supporting strategic university-wide financial planning.
Planning & Budget Information
2014-2015 BUDGET DEADLINES
- March 28 Planning and Budget Committee Meeting
- May 2 Planning and Budget Committee Meeting
- May 30 Planning and Budget Committee Meeting
- June 20 Planning and Budget Committee Meeting
- May 31 "Freeze Date” – Must be employed on or before this date to make employee eligible
for any salary increases if given (HR liaisons will be notified of this date in order to have all new EPAFS submitted in time).
- July 2 Salary Recommendation Sheets created and emailed to all Deans’ offices, Senior Staff areas. Each Senior staff office will be responsible for setting their own internal deadlines in order to meet the July 11 deadline to Senior Staff.
- July 11 Salary Recommendations from academic colleges due to Provost via email. Salary recommendations for non-academic areas are due to their Senior Staff representative.
- July 22 By July 22nd, all salary recommendation sheets will have been approved, uploaded, and returned to Auburn Budget Services. Any changes to employee salaries needed should be communicated to the respective Senior Staff representative. Approved changes will then be communicated to Financial Affairs. Financial Affairs will be working on any necessary changes to job and position labor distributions in Salary Planner as well as completion of the budget through Stripes.
- August 11 Salary Planner and Stripes must be balanced.
- August 15 All Finance Budgets finalized and submitted to Budget Office including Summary of Detail Revenues and Expenditures.
- September 5 BOT Meeting – Approval of Budget
- October 1 Budget for new year is implemented
Click on the link below for a PDF of the 2014-2015 Budget Timeline.
2014-2015 Budget Timeline
Click on the links below for the PowerPoint Presentation and Minutes from the Planning & Budget meeting on March 28, 2014.
Planning & Budget Minutes 28 March 2014