Country music and sports star memorabilia to highlight 2012 Blue Jean Ball silent and live auctions
The 12th annual Blue Jean Ball, a fundraiser for the Auburn University and Auburn University at Montgomery Schools of Nursing, is set for Oct. 5 at Coach Pat Dye’s home in Notasulga. The Schools of Nursing will bid “happy trails” to Dye’s Crooked Oaks Hunting Lodge this year, as it is the final time the event will take place at this location.
Silent and live auctions will be included among the evening’s many festivities. Bidding on silent auction items will be underway from 5-8 p.m., while Coach Dye and former Auburn quarterback Randy Campbell will emcee an entertaining live auction. Donations have poured in - a few of the many one-of-a-kind items up for grabs include:
- Toby Keith autographed cowboy hat
- Alan Jackson autographed acoustic guitar
- Zac Brown collage with autographed framed photo/CD/lyrics from “Knee Deep”
- Bo Jackson autographed football jersey
- Football helmet autographed by Cam Newton and other players from Auburn’s 2010 National Championship Team
- Custom-made “Eagle” garden chair
- Custom-made wood cradle with “Eagle” inlay
Since 2001, the Blue Jean Ball has welcomed hundreds of friends, faculty and students to Dye’s properties each year for a Western-themed party benefiting the AUM and AU Schools of Nursing. To date, more than 400 nursing students from Auburn and Auburn Montgomery have received scholarships from funds raised at the ball.
For tickets or sponsorship opportunities, contact Shelley Grider at 334-844-6753 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals and companies may also make tax-deductible gifts in support of scholarships to the Schools of Nursing through the Auburn University Foundation. Learn more at www.auburn.edu/giving.
Sept. 24, 2012