Do you have what it takes to be AUM’s Biggest Loser?
Weigh-ins for Scale Back Alabama 2012 begin Monday
If you've resolved to lose weight in 2012, then join the Scale Back Alabama contest for motivation and success. And if you stick to it when the contest is over, you could win big as AUM's Biggest Loser.
"Last year was a big success for our campus with the weight loss program, and I’m looking forward to working with you to make this year slimmer and better," said Louis Thornton, wellness director.
Now in it's sixth year, Scale Back Alabama is a statewide weight-loss contest. The purpose of the 10-week contest is to encourage Alabamians to lose weight, to exercise and to have fun while doing it. In 2011, participants across the state lost a total of more than 140,000 pounds.
Several prizes are available to help motivate teams:
- To be eligible for the drawing for one of three grand prizes, teams must maintain all four original members, and each member must lose at least 10 pounds during the 10-week contest. At the final event on April 30, three team names will be drawn with the first team winning $1,000 per team member, the second team winning $500 per team member and the third team winning $250 per team member.
- To be eligible for the drawing of one of 50 achievement prizes of $100 each, individuals must complete the 10-week contest and lose at least 10 pounds.
- To be eligible for one of five participation prizes of $50 each, you simply need to have lost at least one pound and go to your local site and weigh out.
Important contest dates:
- Jan. 19: Statewide contest kickoff
- Jan. 23-27: Initial weigh-in and registration week, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- April 9-13: Final weigh-in week, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- April 30: Final event and announcement of winners
Continue your weight loss for an additional two weeks after the Scale Back Alabama final weigh in, and you could become AUM’s Biggest Loser. The top male and female from AUM’s campus with the greatest percentage of body weight lost over the twelve-week period will earn the title of AUM’s Biggest Loser. These two individuals will receive a free one-year membership to the AUM Wellness Center, which is set to open over the summer.
Weigh-in for AUM’s Biggest Loser will occur April 23-27, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
(*The biggest loser reward is only offered to AUM faculty and staff.)
Contact Thornton at email@example.com or 244-3546 to register your team.
For additional information and health tips, visit the Scale Back website at http://www.scalebackalabama.com/.
Jan. 17, 2012