What is the Confucius Institute?
Confucius Institutes devote themselves to satisfying the demands of peoples from different countries and regions in the world who learn the Chinese language; enhancing understanding of the Chinese language and culture by these peoples; strengthening educational and cultural exchanges and cooperation between China and other countries; deepening friendly relationships with other nations; promoting the development of multiculturalism, and constructing a harmonious world.
- Teach the Chinese language
- Train Chinese language instructors and provide Chinese language teaching resources
- Conduct the HSK examination (Chinese Proficiency Test) and tests for the Certification of the Chinese Language Teachers
- Provide information and consultative services concerning China’s education and culture
- Conduct language and cultural exchange activities between China and other countries
Established in 2012, the Auburn University at Montgomery Confucius Institute, with support from Hanban/Confucius Institute Headquarters, is a public institution affiliated with the Chinese Ministry of Education and is charged with bringing to the people of Alabama knowledge of China that will serve the state in the areas of business, education, cultural, and public interests throughout the state of Alabama. Our university partner in China is Hubei University of Economics.